These are free range organic chickens from GCC Organic Farm in Mt. Pleasant MI. Chicken Liver is high in many vitamins. Many vitamins exceed your daily required intake are B12, A, Folate, Riboflavin, and Selenium.
Please note: These livers are packed wet and ice crystals may have formed inside the package.
Chicken Liver Pate from
Keto Diet by Dr. Josh Axe
- 3 tablespoons butter + 3 tablespoons butter, melted for topping (optional)
- 1 pound chicken livers
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine 3 tablespoons butter, garlic, shallots, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper, sautéing for about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken livers and cook until pink disappears (about 15 minutes).
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Spread liver pate into a dish and top with melted butter.
- Chill in fridge for 1–2 hours.
- Serve on a gluten-free crostini with your favorite toppings.
Nutritional Values of Chicken Liver Pate
- 109 calories
- 10 grams protein
- 7 grams fat
- 1 gram carbohydrates
- 0.1 grams fiber
- 0.2 grams sugar
- 9 micrograms vitamin B12 (392 percent DV)
- 6,422 IUs vitamin A (275 percent DV)
- 1 milligram vitamin B2 (92 percent DV)
- 335 micrograms folate (84 percent DV)
- 3.5 milligrams vitamin B5 (71 percent DV)
- 31 micrograms selenium (57 percent DV)
- 5.5 milligrams vitamin B3 (40 percent DV)
- 0.5 milligrams vitamin B6 (39 percent DV)
- 0.2 milligrams copper (32 percent DV)
- 5 milligrams iron (29 percent DV)
- 173 milligrams phosphorus (25 percent DV)
- 1.5 milligrams zinc (19 percent DV)
- 0.17 milligrams vitamin B1 (16 percent DV)
- 10 milligrams vitamin C (15 percent DV)
- 0.17 milligrams manganese (10 percent DV)
- 75 milligrams sodium (5 percent DV)
- 12 milligrams magnesium (4 percent DV)